Presenting Arabelli

I'm excited to present my "Arabelli" blog which is just one big portfolio of my Interior Design projects, Refurnished Furniture, Crafts, Dolls, and Parties. By doing this I hope to find my niche of what to do or sell on Etsy/ Ebay or maybe it will help give you all ideas for your home or gifts. It's named after my daughter, Arabella's nickname. Alot of this is for growth documenting purposes and as you will see, cakes and parties are not my strong point, but talents I hope to develop.

I'm going to add a Jewelry, Quilt and Art portfolio soon so stay tuned.

I also hope to write and illustrate a children's book series called "Ainsley Painsley Pudding and Pie" and make quietbooks to go along with the line, but it's mainly for Ainsley to remember all the crazy and cute things she did, but that probably won't be accomplished til I'm a grandma.

Enjoy looking around my portfolios and viewing my monthly projects.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Tangled Themed Costumes


So if you haven't figured it out we are the characters from Disney's Tangled- Ainsley/Rapunzel, Arabella/ Pascul, Andy/ Flynn Rider w/ wanted poster & frying pan and I'm the mother that knows best/ Mother Gothel.  It was really funny going to the mall because we had a couple of people (mostly orientals with cameras ready) want to take our picture.  We even had an elderly grandma wanting to take our pic, but she forgot her camera.  Everyone loved the wig I made for Ainsley.  Again pinterest.com had some turtorials and then I made it my own.  All costumes were scrounged from DI, our closets or my fabric scraps (my cape from my mom and my wig from Shopko clearance) which all totaled about $50.  That's like a costume and a 1/2 maybe found on amazon.com.  I guess you can get cheaper or just not dress up, but Halloween's my fav so I tend to go out a little more than I should. :)  Plus it's memories and makes our little girl's dream world a reality when we do it and maybe mine, too....





This is what Arabella's costume was fashioned after- Disney's Tangled Pascul

Ainsley did such a good job holding her heavy wig and took really good care of it for the most part.  Bangs got a little stringy, but for a $11 homemade wig it did good (took 11 skeins of yarn found at DI and scrounged up flowers from my mom's fake flower arrangements- flowers are attached to hair clips so they can come off).  To buy one online like Tangled's Rupunzel with real hair made by a gal named Tracy Hines costs $600+.  I should look into wig making!


No comments:

Post a Comment